Smart Battery Sense Long Range (Up to 10M)
The VE.Bus Smart dongle is a Bluetooth Smart enabled VE.Bus interface, with battery temperature-and-voltage sensing. It communicates system information straight to your smart phone - using the free-to-use VictronConnect app. When used with Multi- inverter/chargers the dongle provides on-battery temperature and voltage sensing capabilities - allowing compensation for possible cable losses which can occur during charging and discharging. Temperature sensing allows accurate temperature-compensation during battery charge cycles. The dongle is, at present, the only way to add an “on-battery” sensing capability to the MultiPlus-II models, if they are not also connected to a GX device and CANbus battery.
The dongle can be used in systems with or without a GX device - such as the CCGX. In systems with a GX device, and another source of temperature and voltage data (eg from a CANbus battery), the CCGX data will override temperature and voltage information from the dongle. In this role the dongle will still provide live-information via its VictronConnect interface; and it will provide firmware updates without requiring an internet connection.
When the dongle is used in systems which do not have a GX device, the dongle's voltage and temperature data becomes the primary source of that information, and can be used by other connected devices for voltage compensation.
In systems with a Multiplus-II, dongle and GX device, but no other source of temperature and voltage, the data from the dongle will also be used.
At this time, the VE.Bus Smart dongle cannot send its temperature and voltage data as part of a VE.Smart network.
The VE.Bus Smart dongle is able to sense battery temperature in two ways: The default method is the dongle's on-board temperature sensor. When the dongle is mounted directly onto the battery case (using its adhesive attachment) it will sense the battery temperature directly from the battery casing. The second method - which provides improved battery temperature sensing - is available by using an optional battery-terminal mounted sensor. When this sensor is connected, the default sensor is overridden and the dongle will use this method instead.
What's in the Box?
- VE.Bus Smart Dongle
- Red battery (+) connection wire with 10mm eyelet and inline fuse.
- Black battery (-) connection wire with 10mm eyelet
- Connector block with screw terminals
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.Please contact your dealer for any returns, repairs or support issues related to this product.
- Orders are shipped via UPS/FedEx/USPS. A tracking number will be provided.
- Hazmat items can only ship via UPS ground to the lower 48 states.
- Most orders are shipped the same business day, if ordered by 3 pm Eastern Time. But there are exceptions when processing order takes 1-2 business days.
- Shipping to Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Alaska will incur additional shipping charges. We will inform you of the additional charges after your order is received.
- We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unused, with tags, and in its original packaging.
- For more information please visit shipping policy and returns & refunds policy in detail.
Below shipping options are available:
2-6 Days - Standard FREE 1-5 Days - Ground Shipping $11.951-2 Business Days (Excluding Truck Freight) $17.95Overnight (Excluding Weekends & Public Holidays) $59.95 Truck Freight Items (Contact for a quote) $60 - $300
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.