Isolation Transformer - 7000W - 230V - 50/60 Hz - 32AMP
Indispensable in professional marine energy systems. It prevents electrolytic corrosion and above all serves as a device to guarantee a safe electric system. Toroidal wound technology for quietness and high efficiency. Soft start circuitry will ensure that the shore circuit breaker will not trip when plugged in.
Safety is taken for granted in case of a normal on-shore installation. A fuse will blow or a GFCI (Ground Fault Current Interrupter) will trip in case of a short circuit or current leakage to ground. Connecting the ground wire of the shore-side supply to the metal parts of the boat will result in galvanic corrosion (see below). Bringing only the live and neutral wire on board results in an unsafe situation because GFCIs will not work nor will a fuse blow in case of a short circuit to a metal part on the boat.
Galvanic corrosion occurs when two dissimilar metals in electrical contact are simultaneously exposed to an electrically conducting fluid. Seawater and, to a lesser extent, fresh water are such fluids. In general, the more active alloy of the couple corrodes preferentially while the less active (more noble) material is cathodically protected. The rate of galvanic corrosion is a function of several variables including area ratios, conductivity of the fluid, temperature, nature of the materials, etc.
It is a misunderstanding that galvanic corrosion occurs only in metal and aluminium hulls. In fact it can occur on any boat as soon as a metallic part (the shaft and propeller) is in contact with water. Galvanic corrosion will quickly dissolve your sacrificial anodes, and attack the shaft, propeller and other metal parts in contact with water as soon as the boat is connected to the shore-side supply. It might therefore be tempting not to connect the ground conductor: this is however extremely dangerous because GFCIs will not work nor will a fuse blow in case of a short circuit to a metal part on the boat.
The best solution to avoid galvanic corrosion and at the same time prevent any unsafe situation is to install an Isolation Transformer to connect to the shore-side supply.
- Input: 230V
- Output: 230V
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Rating: 32AMP
- Soft Start: Yes
- Transformer Type: Torodial (low noise, low weight)
- Input Circuit Breaker: Yes
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Orders are shipped via UPS/FedEx/USPS. A tracking number will be provided.
- Hazmat items can only ship via UPS ground to the lower 48 states.
- Most orders are shipped the same business day, if ordered by 3 pm Eastern Time. But there are exceptions when processing order takes 1-2 business days.
- Shipping to Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Alaska will incur additional shipping charges. We will inform you of the additional charges after your order is received.
- We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unused, with tags, and in its original packaging.
- For more information please visit shipping policy and returns & refunds policy in detail.
Below shipping options are available:
2-6 Days - Standard FREE 1-5 Days - Ground Shipping $11.951-2 Business Days (Excluding Truck Freight) $17.95Overnight (Excluding Weekends & Public Holidays) $59.95 Truck Freight Items (Contact for a quote) $60 - $300
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.