Galvonic Isolator VDI-32A 32A Max Waterproof (Potted)
The galvanic isolator prevents electrolytic corrosion. It blocks low voltage DC currents that enter your boat via the shore power earth wire. These currents can cause corrosion to the boat’s underwater metals, like the hull, propeller, shaft and so on.
The galvanic isolator consists internally of two diodes which are connected in anti-parallel fashion. When they are connected in this way, the diodes allow current in both directions but only above a certain threshold voltage. The voltage at which diodes conduct is about 1.4 Vdc.
The isolator is installed directly behind your boat's 230V connection. The forward voltage from the galvanic isolator is higher than the potential difference between metals. As a result, this voltage will not allow conduction and as such, the galvanic isolator will prevent any electrolytic current. However, if there is a (higher) error voltage in the AC circuit, the diodes will allow current through and the residual-current device will break the circuit.
Terminal posts are 6mm (1.4")
This item is not ABYC A-28 approvedPlease contact your dealer for any returns, repairs or support issues related to this product.
Owner's Manual (pdf)
- Orders are shipped via UPS/FedEx/USPS. A tracking number will be provided.
- Hazmat items can only ship via UPS ground to the lower 48 states.
- Most orders are shipped the same business day, if ordered by 3 pm Eastern Time. But there are exceptions when processing order takes 1-2 business days.
- Shipping to Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Alaska will incur additional shipping charges. We will inform you of the additional charges after your order is received.
- We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unused, with tags, and in its original packaging.
- For more information please visit shipping policy and returns & refunds policy in detail.
Below shipping options are available:
2-6 Days - Standard FREE 1-5 Days - Ground Shipping $11.951-2 Business Days (Excluding Truck Freight) $17.95Overnight (Excluding Weekends & Public Holidays) $59.95 Truck Freight Items (Contact for a quote) $60 - $300