PRO Shaft Seal 1-1/2" Shaft & 2-1/2" Tube
The PSS PRO Shaft Seal is a mechanical face seal utilizing our proven stainless steel and carbon sealing components but adds reinforced silicone bellows, a secondary shaft retention collar, 316 Stainless Steel hose clamps (rolled edges and non-perforated), and an optional Nitronic 50 rotor upgrade (for highly corrosive environments). Designed specifically for applications that will require increased durability and resistance to harsh, corrosive, high pressure, and otherwise demanding environments. The PSS PRO Shaft Seal is a specialized mechanical seal suitable for various applications, with unmatched performance.
As with PSS Type A & B Seals, The PRO Shaft Seal is a mechanical face seal. The sealing surface is created between the flat surfaces of the rotating stainless-steel rotor and the stationary carbon flange. The stationary carbon flange is attached to a heavy-duty silicone bellows attached to the vessel’s stern tube (shaft log), with 316SS hose clamps. The stainless-steel rotor is fitted on the shaft in front of the carbon flange and is used to compress the bellows, the rotor is then secured to the shaft with set screws, and the shaft retention collar is installed. This compression (pre-load) maintains constant contact between the two mating faces of the stainless-steel rotor and carbon flange, allowing the PSS to compensate for the variable axial movement due to propeller thrust. In addition, the carbon flange is over-bored to the shaft diameter allowing it to "float" around the shaft and thus compensate for most misalignment and vibration from the drive-line. The stainless-steel rotor is sealed to the shaft by two O-rings recessed into the rotor's bore. These O-rings rotate with the shaft and the stainless-steel rotor and therefore do not experience wear during operation.
- Temperature Limits: -13°F to 425°F (-25°C to 220°C)
- Pressure Limits: 40 PSI (2.75 BAR)
- Shaft RPM Limits: 10,000 RPM
- Carbon Graphite: Lapped to 4 HLB (0.000044" tolerance)
- 316SS / Nitronic 50: Faced to 9 Ra
- Bellow Material: Molded formed silicone / fabric
- Shaft Dia. (A) 1-1/2"
- Stern Tube Dia. (B) 2-1/2" to 2-5/8"
- Uncompressed Length (C) 8.843"
- Approx. Compressed Length 7.843"
- Rotor Diameter (D) 3.75"
- Stern Cuff Length (E) 1.3"
- Orders are shipped via UPS/FedEx/USPS. A tracking number will be provided.
- Hazmat items can only ship via UPS ground to the lower 48 states.
- Most orders are shipped the same business day, if ordered by 3 pm Eastern Time. But there are exceptions when processing order takes 1-2 business days.
- Shipping to Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Alaska will incur additional shipping charges. We will inform you of the additional charges after your order is received.
- We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unused, with tags, and in its original packaging.
- For more information please visit shipping policy and returns & refunds policy in detail.
Below shipping options are available:
2-6 Days - Standard FREE 1-5 Days - Ground Shipping $11.951-2 Business Days (Excluding Truck Freight) $17.95Overnight (Excluding Weekends & Public Holidays) $59.95 Truck Freight Items (Contact for a quote) $60 - $300
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.