An Octopus Hydraulic Linear Actuator is a simple, effective way to drive the rudder on a boat equipped with a mechanical steering system. The linear actuator is an assembly of an Octopus reversing pump and a marine hydraulic cylinder. This assembly is mounted on the rudder tiller-arm or quadrant. When the autopilot is not in use the cylinder runs freely along with the rudder. When the automatic pilot is in use a solenoid valve on the actuator closes and locks the cylinder. Steering signals from the pilot are now fed to the D.C. motor, which drives the pump to move the cylinder back and forth. De-energized, the solenoid valve immediately disconnects the automatic pilot from the rudder. The actuator has a small translucent oil reservoir, making it easy to check fluid levels. These actuators have only five moving parts. Mechanical simplicity gives our product reliability and ease of service when compared to complicated gear and screw actuators, making our units a favorite for offshore mariners. These actuators are shipped from our factory completely filled with oil and require no additional plumbing.
- Type: Pumps/Drives
- Box Dimensions: 8"H x 8"W x 39"L WT: 21 lbs
- UPC: 628309134686
Quick Guide (pdf)
- Orders are shipped via UPS/FedEx/USPS. A tracking number will be provided.
- Hazmat items can only ship via UPS ground to the lower 48 states.
- Most orders are shipped the same business day, if ordered by 3 pm Eastern Time. But there are exceptions when processing order takes 1-2 business days.
- Shipping to Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Alaska will incur additional shipping charges. We will inform you of the additional charges after your order is received.
- We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unused, with tags, and in its original packaging.
- For more information please visit shipping policy and returns & refunds policy in detail.
Below shipping options are available:
2-6 Days - Standard $9 1-5 Days - Ground Shipping $11.951-2 Business Days (Excluding Truck Freight) $17.95Overnight (Excluding Weekends & Public Holidays) $59.95 Truck Freight Items (Contact for a quote) $60 - $300
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.