RC12/10 12V Capstan Windlass
The RC12 fully automatic windlass series is designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 10mm (3/8") short link chain and 16mm (5/8") to 20mm (3/4") three strand or 8-Plait rope (RC12-10) and 12mm/13mm (1/2") short link chain and 20mm (3/4") three strand or 8-Plait rope (RC12-12).
With a maximum pull of 1590 kg (3500 lb), and an anchor retrieval rate of 15m/min (50ft/min), the RC12-12 is one of the fastest and gruntiest windlasses in its class.
A sleek, Low Profile version and a fluted stainless steel capstan drum version, are available.
The RC12 is packed with innovative features combined with Maxwell's traditionally classic aesthetics, but reflecting the modern form follows function of the highly successful RC6, RC8 and RC10 series windlasses.
The elegantly designed deckplate and chainpipe cover are manufactured in polished marine-grade 316 stainless steel, as are the heavy duty pressure arm, stripper, chainwheel and fluted capstan drum.
The huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker.
Double cone-type brake/clutch mechanism permits Free Fall anchoring. Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement, ensuring safe and precise operator control.
The RC12 features Maxwell's revolutionary and Wave Design™ chainwheel.
Emergency manual retrieval is made simple and easy with Maxwell's unique Active Latch Ratchet System operation that prevents backwind of the windlass during manual hauling of the anchor.
The Maxwell-designed and innovative black, hard anodized gearbox provides numerous advantages: - Fast and easy windlass installation - More corrosion resistant - Easy to maintain and service - Takes up less room in the anchor locker - 75:1 Ratio (RC12-10) or 100:1 Ratio (RC12-12), single stage design with less moving parts, for smoother and quieter operation - Allows for multi-positioning of the gearbox/motor.
Every Maxwell automatic rope/chain windlass comes complete with all the necessary components for fully automatic dual direction control in a competitively priced package.
- Chain - Diameter (Inches): 3/8"
- Freefall: Yes
- Rope Diameter (Inches): 5/8"
- Vertical/Horizontal: Vertical
- Box Dimensions: 14"H x 19"W x 26"L WT: 86 lbs
- UPC: 9414761118316
- Orders are shipped via UPS/FedEx/USPS. A tracking number will be provided.
- Hazmat items can only ship via UPS ground to the lower 48 states.
- Most orders are shipped the same business day, if ordered by 3 pm Eastern Time. But there are exceptions when processing order takes 1-2 business days.
- Shipping to Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Alaska will incur additional shipping charges. We will inform you of the additional charges after your order is received.
- We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unused, with tags, and in its original packaging.
- For more information please visit shipping policy and returns & refunds policy in detail.
Below shipping options are available:
2-6 Days - Standard FREE 1-5 Days - Ground Shipping $11.951-2 Business Days (Excluding Truck Freight) $17.95Overnight (Excluding Weekends & Public Holidays) $59.95 Truck Freight Items (Contact for a quote) $60 - $300
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.