M400BB VHF Marine Black Box
Black Box Transceiver When Space Is At A Premium
Icom's M400BB is a VHF fixed mount with Class D DSC. The M400BB is a spacesaving unit, ideal for owners of compact boats and shipbuilders looking for a black box solution. The M400BB comprises only a black box main body and a supplied COMMANDMIC HM195 remote control microphone accessory. The two-piece radio set can easily be installed behind a wall or console-leaving a small or hidden footprint-and completely controlled from a remote position.
Although compact in size, the M400BB possesses the same robust functionality found in Icom's M424 VHF fixed mount. Features include Class D DSC and the COMMANDMIC intuitive soft-key interface design. Active noise cancelling, a 10W loudspeaker and public address (PA) are built in for optimal audio performance. The M400MB is compatible with Icom's MA-500TR AIS transponder for additional safety at sea.
Space-Saving, 2-Piece Configuration
The IC-M400BB consists of a two-piece, black box configuration. All function control including DSC operation, can be made from the COMMANDMIC™, HM-195B/SW, and the RF unit, IC-M400BB, can be installed in an out-of-sight place.
Intuitive User Interface
The menu system is shared with Icom's latest models. The bottom line of the dot-matrix display shows the software key functions which can be toggled with the left and right buttons.
Active Noise Cancelling
The built-in bidirectional active noise cancelling reduces background noise to up to 90% and improves both your transmitted voice and incoming call. Hear and be heard more clearly.
10W Loud Audio, Public Addres & Foghorn
Built-in 10W amplifier that increases the audio output from an additional external speaker. The public address function allows you to make an announcement from the microphone like a loud speaker, and the foghorn can also be emitted from the external speaker.
Built-in Class D DSC
The built-in DSC watch function monitors Ch.70 (DSC channel) actively, even while you are receiving another channel. DSC functions include: distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request/report, polling request and DSC test calls.
Common NMEA Interface
When connected to an external GPS receiver, current position and time are shown on the Commandmic display. When receiving DSC information from another vessel, the radio can transfer it to a navigational device via NMEA 0183 connectivity.
AIS Target Call With MA-500TR
When connected to the optional MA-500TR Class B AIS transponder, the AIS
target call function allows you to set up an individual DSC call from the MA-500TR.
- MarineCommander™ compatible
- AquaQuake™ water draining function (HM-195B/SW)
- IPX7 waterproof protection both for IC-M400BB and HM-195B/SW
(1m depth for 30 minutes)
- Dual/tri-watch function for monitoring Ch.16 and/or call channel
- Priority and normal scan
- Flexible installation
- Small foot print with 2-piece station
- Perfect for compact boats
- Commandmic (HM195B)
- DC Power cable
- Owner's manual
- Warranty: 3 years
- Hailer: Yes
- Remote Mic Capable: Yes
- Scrambler Capable: No
- NMEA 2000: No
- Built-In GPS: No
- AIS: No
- Box Dimensions: 8"H x 8"W x 10"L WT: 5 lbs
- UPC: 731797015433
Quick Guide (pdf)
- Orders are shipped via UPS/FedEx/USPS. A tracking number will be provided.
- Hazmat items can only ship via UPS ground to the lower 48 states.
- Most orders are shipped the same business day, if ordered by 3 pm Eastern Time. But there are exceptions when processing order takes 1-2 business days.
- Shipping to Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Alaska will incur additional shipping charges. We will inform you of the additional charges after your order is received.
- We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unused, with tags, and in its original packaging.
- For more information please visit shipping policy and returns & refunds policy in detail.
Below shipping options are available:
2-6 Days - Standard $9 1-5 Days - Ground Shipping $11.951-2 Business Days (Excluding Truck Freight) $17.95Overnight (Excluding Weekends & Public Holidays) $59.95 Truck Freight Items (Contact for a quote) $60 - $300
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.