Autopilot Pump, 12 VDC, 1.7 Cubic Inches Per Second (For Ram Sizes of 14 Cubic Inches to 25 Cubic Inches in Volume)
The PUMPHRP17-12 is a reversing pumpset designed to interface the NavPilot series autopilot with a hydraulic steering system. The pump assembly incorporates a reversible gerotor gear pump, a two-piece gear housed in an eccentric ring. This allows for incredibly quiet, reliable and precise operation.
A hydraulic steering system consists of a hydraulic actuator and one or more steering wheel pumps, or helm pumps. As the steering wheel (helm pump) is turned in the port direction, hydraulic oil is pumped into the port hydraulic steering line. This oil is directed into the port side of the steering cylinder. As the cylinder moves to port, oil from the starboard side of the cylinder returns to the helm pump through the starboard hydraulic lines.
One end of the cylinder is fixed and the other is connected to a tiller arm, which is connected to a rudder shaft. With this connection to the tiller arm the linear movement of the cylinder to port is changed to rotary movement, which turns the rudder and steers the vessel to port. Moving the steering wheel to starboard produces the same reaction with oil being pumped out of the starboard line and returning through the port line.
If more than one helm pump is used, a return/fill line must be installed to connect the cases of all helm pumps together.
The output flow rate of the pumpset determines the speed of the steering cylinder. The PUMPHRP17-12 outputs 1.6 cu. in. of oil per second and requires a 12VDC input.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.This product may not be returned to the original point of purchase. Please contact the manufacturer directly with any issues or concerns.
- Type: Pumps/Drives
- Box Dimensions: 6"H x 6"W x 10"L WT: 10 lbs
- UPC: 611679305077
Owner's Manual (pdf)
- Orders are shipped via UPS/FedEx/USPS. A tracking number will be provided.
- Hazmat items can only ship via UPS ground to the lower 48 states.
- Most orders are shipped the same business day, if ordered by 3 pm Eastern Time. But there are exceptions when processing order takes 1-2 business days.
- Shipping to Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Alaska will incur additional shipping charges. We will inform you of the additional charges after your order is received.
- We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unused, with tags, and in its original packaging.
- For more information please visit shipping policy and returns & refunds policy in detail.
Below shipping options are available:
2-6 Days - Standard FREE 1-5 Days - Ground Shipping $11.951-2 Business Days (Excluding Truck Freight) $17.95Overnight (Excluding Weekends & Public Holidays) $59.95 Truck Freight Items (Contact for a quote) $60 - $300
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.